Monday, July 31, 2006

God is good

I have a HUGE praise from today: I've got an accountability partner! Ever since we moved here, I know that the Lord has been placing it on my heart to get into a relationship where I can grow spiritually and be held accountable by someone. God answered that prayer. Today I met for lunch with my friend from church, Becky. She's wonderful. Her two daughters, Madi and Petyon, are the ones I babysat for last semester. We just met to talk, but out of our conversation came our decision to meet with each other randomly or with notice or on the phone, to talk about life, our walks, and our struggles. It's going to be a sweet time of fellowship, I can already tell.

Another exciting thing happening is that Chris and I have decided to read through the Bible in a year. We are starting today and we have a plan written out of what to read each day. I'm looking forward to this since it's been awhile that I've read something specific in the Word with intention. I have a good feeling about this. I love being in community with other believers, and I love spending time in prayer with God, but being in the Word is one thing I've pushed on the back burner lately. Looking forward to it!

Today has been a great day. God is good. And this is Becky.

0 comments: