Saturday, June 24, 2006

Upcoming Finals and Vacation

Right now I'm studying for my written final in my proteins class. I have this final on Monday, a buffet that we will presenting on Thursday, and our practical final on Friday. Culinary school is so different than a traditional college. It's so fun, too. I have learned so much and have really gotten some great experience and exposure in the industry from food shows to working for a country club to seeing famous celebrity chefs demo dishes. But I'm on the job hunt again and this time it's more stressful because we now have a car payment and mortgage to worry about. Speaking of mortgage, I'm looking forward to moving sometime in August. Our small apartment is getting filled with boxes that we're beginning to collect. Chris and I have a vacation coming up in a week! We so need a break from school and work. To start, we'll be heading to Canyon of the Eagles and staying in a cabin for two nights, compliments from my parents as a Christmas gift. We'll get to spend the days hiking, kayaking, and touring a vineyard in the Hill Country. After that we plan on going to Dallas to stay at his parents' house for the rest of the week. Can't argue with free housing and food. Although, I am looking forward to cooking for them. We plan on making a list of activites we want to do in the DFW area and just knocking them out. I'm also looking forward to just hanging out in the pool and getting some sun. Working in a kitchen, I don't get much sunlight, especially wearing long sleeves and long pants everyday. Gotta get some Vitamin D!

2 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

good luck on your finals! and i hope you and chris have a wonderful vacation. i love you dearly and miss you lots. i'll call you soon, when is good for you?