Monday, June 05, 2006

San Antonio




We went to San Antonio on the spur of the moment last Saturday. We had planned to go there for a weekend to celebrate our anniversary, but we decided instead to save the money for our vacation in July. Neither of us had been to San Antonio before, so it was fun exploring the downtown area and visiting the Alamo. We walked up and down the riverwalk and ate an early dinner at one of the landmark Mexican restaurants there. We had such a fun day! It sure is getting hot here since summer has begun.

Yesterday was our one year anniversary. We got to eat a piece of our top cake that we had saved from the wedding. We were pretty skeptical since it had been frozen and refrozen a couple of times, and it had also started to leak out some sort of goo as we thawed it, but it didn't turned out too bad. After a small piece, however, we said goodbye and tossed it out.

My parents are coming to visit us at the end of this week. They are taking a two-week-long vacation in Texas to see several old friends. They'll also be going to Laura's (Chris's sister) wedding in just 2 weeks! It will be so good to spend time with them and show the our life in Austin. I'm excited to cook for them, too!

We have been pretty busy lately with all the last minute details with our house. We close on it this Thursday and will officially be homeowners. I am starting to gather boxes from school to save for packing. We won't be moving in until August, but we are looking forward to all the remodeling, yard work, and decorating ahead.

Another pretty big thing is that I quit my job on Friday. I have not enjoyed working there ever since I began and it was a real struggle to go to work each time. I feel so much better already, but now I'm on the job search again. Not sure what too look for now, but I'm keeping my options open.

*For the record, no, Chris doesn't often wear a shirt around home.

0 comments: