Sunday, February 12, 2006

Catching Up

I don't know what it is, but every time I listen to Alison Krauss sing, my soul gets happy. She'll be in concert in Houston in March, but tickets are crazy expensive. When I listen to her music, I think of my paternal side of the family that has a bluegrass band. They're getting together in June to sing and make music together, but I can't go. Kinda bummed about that.
This week will be my last in the CS class and Culinary Arts class that I'm taking, then next week I'll start my labs in the kitchen! I'm very excited about that. Our first class will be over stocks, sauces, and vegetables. I love school right now. I think it was a really good decision for me.

I've started babysitting 3x/week for two little girls; Madison and Peyton. It is just a temporary job until the end of March, but in the meantime, we're having lots of fun together. It makes me feel old when I'm chauffeuring carseats in the back of my car, and especially when in public, people make comments about how cute my kids are!

I have an interview tomorrow for a food server position at a law firm. I don't know anything about the company, so I'm not sure if I will take it or not. Wednesday is a Career Fair at school, and several companies will be there. I will have an opportunity to set up interviews for my externship or for a part-time job, if I'm interested.

That's the scoop.

0 comments: