Friday, December 09, 2011

And I'm Imperfectly Ok With It

Under no circumstances do I want you to come to this blog, read it, and leave with the sense that I have my act together.  Despite the crafting kicks I get on, staying up way too late or the occasional organized weekly menus, I don’t have my act together.  My life is far from perfect.  You don't need all the deets, but trust me.  I just follow a good God who gets me through it all.

I was perusing pictures of spray painted lamp stands last week because I am considering changing the color of the ones in our bedroom.  I came across a picture of a nightstand and I noticed how unrealistically perfect and dull it was.  Three things were on it.  Something fancy made by Steve Jobs, something that probably smelled like roses in heaven, and a perfectly placed designer magazine.  Perfect layered on perfect, with a dash of perfect.  I'm pretty sure my nightstand is a dusty clutter of books that I’m currently ignoring.   There's a baby monitor and water marks and used tissues.

While we're there, you should also know that I have to put my phone in the trunk of my car while driving to keep myself from texting and driving.  Every time I've done it, what goes through my head is, Carey!  You have your precious babies in the car with you.  What are you thinking?  Put the phone away!  Yet for whatever reason, I still do it.

There's visible dog hair on my carpet.  I let my anger get to me.  My trash smells like poop.  Hubs and I get in fights.  My kid's finger nails are dirty.  I haven't brushed my teeth yet today and it's nearing 2 o'clock.  That's barely scratching the surface and only the stuff that's blog-appropriate to share.  I don't have it all together, folks.

2 comments:

JKreeger said...

The joys of being a momma and really, human :) I am right there with you sista:) Love you and your imperfections!

Danitad said...

I'm catching up on your blog posts. I love that you so real and normal. Perfect is not normal IMHO.