Thursday, November 03, 2011

This Is Not A Recipe Post

When it comes to breakfast (what they say is the most important meal of the day), I've never done a very good job.  For whatever reason, I'm not hungry when I wake up in the morning and it takes me a couple of hours for food to even sound good.  My typical morning routine is to down a tall glass of water with my vitamins, but on occasion I will make a bowl of oatmeal (with 1 T. raw honey and flax seeds).  But it takes effort for me to eat breakfast.

With both pregnancies, I tried to change that habit to give myself more energy and do the babies right.  Since upping my weekly long runs in training for this race, I have been getting into a routine and feeding myself this perfect post-run breakfast.  It is so satisfying that I crave it most days of the week now.

Scrambled eggs and raw tomatoes sprinkled with salt.  I spring for the organic at this point since they taste soo much better than the picked-when-green-hoping-they-are-red-upon-arrival ones.  This gives me the post-run protein that I need and is extremely quick to make.
--
What's your favorite breakfast?

2 comments:

Hatch 5 said...

Huevos con Ree-vos. A pioneer woman method of cooking eggs that has changed my outlook on eggs completely. It's just two eggs cracked and left intact in a very small little frying pan and cooked at a very low temp with a lid for about 10 minutes. Add salsa and cheese for the last 3-4 minutes and serve over black beans. (my version)

Be courageous..the road to faith. said...

Muy delicioso!