Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Vera

Our birthday present to Vera
Vera,
My sweet, little big girl.  How is it that you are 2 years old already?  Part of me is sad because you are growing up too fast, but part of me delights so much in watching you become your own person.  You have filled my heart to the brim with joy.  You have changed so much in just two short years.  At first you were a little cuddly baby who just laid on my chest.  Now you are a very active, happy, energetic, social, funny, charismatic little girl.  You became an older sister this year.  I remember the night before I went to the hospital, walking into your room while you were asleep, picking you up out of your crib and holding you close in the rocking chair, savoring you as my only child for that last time.  My tears were of joy, yet sadness at the same time.  I was excited to bring forth another little girl into our family, but it pained my heart to think of that chapter ending.  You were my first child and you taught me how to be a mom.  The first couple months of your life were rough, but we got through it, you and me.   There is still some jealousy from time to time between you and your sister, but that doesn’t touch the love you have for her.  You love sharing a room and must always kiss ‘Sissy’ goodnight.   It’s not easy, but you are getting better at sharing your toys and attention. You are such a great big sister and one of my prayers has been that you always share a close bond.

As much as I want time to slow down, I have to admit that I am looking forward to seeing who you become.  I’m excited to find out what your interests will be and what your gifts are.  It is so fun to watch you discover life.  God gave me the greatest gift of being your mom.   I hope to have rubbed off on you as much as you have rubbed off on me.  You’ve changed my life and made my world a better place.  Thank you for your forgiveness as I continue learning how to teach, instruct, disciple, and lead you in life.  Crazy as it is, you believe that I am the best mommy in the whole world.

Happy Birthday, Cocita.  With all my love, Momma

0 comments: