Sunday, June 19, 2011

2 Days Down

It's been 2 whole days of no sweets and I'll be honest, I'm feeling the pain.  I've heard it said that it takes 2 weeks to rid your system of craving sugar but I'm hoping it's less than that.  One of Chris's Father's Day gifts was a 3 pound bag of gummy bears, so that's not much help in the temptation department.  I've found myself grabbing handfuls of dried cranberries or almonds throughout the day to satisfy my snack attack.  It also doesn't help that I follow 37 food blogs that post almost daily.  And this certainly doesn't help either.  When you want to detox from your sugar intake, what's your strategy?  Cold turkey or do you somehow wean yourself?  I'm finding drinking lots of water helps, too.  And chewing gum.

3 comments:

Annamateur Photographer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annamateur Photographer said...

Anna here: I found that it helps to have your doctor say, "No more sugar." It's been tough going cold turkey, but if someone that loves sweets as much as I do can do it..I have total faith in you. :) (the first few days were rough, but Tuesday will be the mark of 2 weeks)

hollie marie said...

I gotta do the cold turkey sweets thing too... They're out of hand. That cheesecake definitely doesnt help.