Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Day 8: A Place You've Traveled To

In preparing for our honeymoon adventures in Spain, I did a lot of research of places I wanted to visit.  I asked friends who had gone and read lots of travel books.  My friend, Susan, had recently gone and told me about this little convent in the middle of Madrid where she had bought some great pastries from some nuns.  She gave me chicken scratch directions of how to find this place, told me what the street looked like, what landmarks would be around it, and what the entrance looked like.  It was really fun to seek it out, knowing that we didn't have directions with names of streets or anything.  We followed her instructions and it took us right there!  We bought pastries and paid money through a lazy-Susan (ironic...Susan, get it?) and never saw the nuns.

1 comments:

Susan said...

I had forgotten all about that little place. What a fun memory!