Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 24: Something You've Learned

Chris and I really try to spend within our weekly allotted budget.  We take out cash every week for groceries and $30 each for personal spending.  If and when we go over budget, it's usually because of me.  I've learned that when I get in a shopping mood or when I'm tempted to use the credit card, I make sure I'm filled up with gas in the car, then I leave my credit card at home in a drawer.  Getting used to not having it in my wallet for a couple weeks usually does the trick and I get comfortable saying no to things again.  It's always the thing that works for me when I get a little too familiar with the plastic.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Great suggestion. I have also started leaving my credit cards at home (or with Josh) which has helped me learn how to say no.