Tuesday, March 02, 2010

not too old.

having recently become capable of doing something i never thought i could do and do well (run), it has made me think about pursuing other things in life that i've only dreamed of doing, such as learning to play piano or speak another language fluently. in my head i use the excuse that i am too old already to start fresh at something and become really good at it, but i think that's a cop-out. 25 is not too old. 80 is not too old. i don't want to live life holding myself back from trying new things. i am learning that truly, all things are possible with God.

2 comments:

April May said...

Hi Carey,

I stumbled across your blog a few days ago completely by accident and have been having a sneaky peak ever since. I find it - you - very inspirational and your latest post made me think yeah you're right, I'm 26 and there are so many things I've thought about doin but then thought no it's too late to start that now, but maybe I'll take a leaf out of your book and try something new too!
Congrats with the running sounds as though you are doing great!
Lotsa love from over here in England!

Jenny said...

Yey for a new hobby! It's just so addicting isn't it? Running has definitely become my stress reliever over the years...it's the endorphins. ( ; Bring your running shoes next time you come and we'll hit the monon trail!