Thursday, March 11, 2010

memories.

the last 2 weeks i have been running 20 miles/week. my runs usually look something like this: mon-5, tue-4, wed-3, thurs-2, fri-3, sat-4. i like to taper my runs because mentally i'm finding that if i know what i'm in for, i can prepare myself and be in the mode for a long run versus a short one. i did 2 miles today and didn't even break a sweat. it was weird. i'm still getting used to this and find it funny that i'm so into it.
a few memories i have about running...

1) pt in the army. cadences. yelling. not sounding off loud enough so our whole platoon had to roll in the sand afterwords. the sweat made it stick something fierce.

2) running in high school at night while my mom followed me in the car with the lights shining for my path.

3) running with my friend, joe, who saved his own life by running away from the civil war in liberia. for real.

4) putting the girls on lockdown with 3 sports bras.

5) training with the boys soccer team since i was the manager my freshman year. that didn't stick for long.

6) running at purdue to 'shane and shane'.

2 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Random thoughts:

~ I <3 Joe.
~ You are making me look really lazy.

and

~ I do NOT need another child of my own. I need YOURS to live close to me. Because I am amazed by her and extremely proud of you.

Sara said...

your blog is so nice to read. seriously.