Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Pioneer Woman.

also known as P-Dub, P Diddy Widdy, and PW

If you don't know her, you should get to know her. I've only been following her blog since the beginning of this year, but I have to admit I am addicted to her daily posts about life as a ranch wife in Oklahoma. She's a homeschooling momma, cook, photographer, dog-lover, devoted wife, and believer. She's the Pioneer Woman! And I got to meet her last Thursday. Her cookbook has been published and she's touring the country, signing, answering questions, and blogging about her experiences. When I learned she was coming to Austin, I put it on my calendar and was counting down. I got to the bookstore early and got wristbands for my friend, Sara, and I so we could get our books signed. Even though we weren't far from the front, we still had to wait over an hour to meet her..but it was worth it! :)

It was also my first time 'going out' on my own since Vera was born. I was so thankful that Chris came home early from work and was on Daddy Duty all night. I left for 5 hours! I wore my boots, did my hair, put on make-up and brushed my teeth. :) And because it was a special occasion, I wore a regular bra instead of a nursing bra and brought a purse instead of a diaper bag. I felt like a new woman! It was really fun to get out and have one-on-one time with a friend and not have to worry so much about tending to my little girl, as much as I love her.

1 comments:

Kate said...

Carey! I have bad news. It is finals week and I have now become addicted to The Pioneer Woman Blog! I was up way to late exploring her blog. And I should now be writing a paper but am instead learning finer things like how to remodel a Lodge. Ahhh. This is dangerous. Thank you anyways. :) Miss you. Love you.