Wednesday, October 14, 2009

42 weeks.

i had about 24 hours worth of contractions yesterday and lost my mucus plug (sorry if that's TMI!), so i was hoping i'd be in full out labor on my own by today, but they have subsided all together. so the plan is to go to the hospital tonight after dinner, be the lucky recipient of cervidil, and wait to see if my body progresses into labor on its own. if not, then tomorrow morning i'll get the priviledge of being a lucky recipient of pitocin. and thus the journey will begin. definitely not looking forward to labor, but this week has been pretty rough on my body and at 42 weeks today, i am ready to get this baby out. your prayers are appreciated!

i'm doing some last minute cleaning for our guests (chris's parents this weekend, my family next tuesday through saturday), cleaning out the fridge, defrosting those sweet tasties i made awhile back for my (hopefully) wonderful, helpful, in-a-really-fantastic-mood nurse, and packing my bag for the stay.

i'm feeling all sentimental today and trying give some extra love and affection to marlow. it will be sad to drop him off at our friends' house tonight, but he'll be in good hands, and i just never like to be away from him. i keep telling him that he was my first baby and that i'll always love him, no matter how things change between us. :)

3 comments:

Amanda Mannix Reeb said...

Love you and can't wait to hear about how beautiful she is!! You will be a great mom : )

Jess said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you (and Chris) that you'll FINALLY get to meet your little girl! :) Hope everything goes smoothly over the next couple of days - I'll be praying!! Can't wait to see photos!

Christy said...

YEAY! Can't wait to meet the little sweetie!