Wednesday, September 30, 2009

wednesday.

i began my day with my 40-week visit to the doctor's office. no change still. no dilation. no effacement. looks like lil chica isn't wanting to budge for awhile yet. perhaps she'll be a stubborn one like me. i asked about having my membranes sweeped, as i've heard this can induce labor naturally, but my doctor said that in order to do that, i have to have a favorable cervix which means it needs to be dilated at least a little bit. so apparently mine is unfavorable. bad, cervix, bad. i made an appointment for monday and at that time they will check the amniotic fluid to make sure baby is healthy. if so, i can continue to wait it out until something happens. if not enough amniotic fluid, then i guess i'll have to set a date to be induced.

after the dr. appointment, i made my way downtown. i finished my book over some coffee at whole foods and did a little people-watching.

this store's doors were open for the first time today, so i walked over to browse.
only in texas is it still hot enough to lay out in almost-october. (okay, so maybe in phoenix, too.) i ended my afternoon with a little time by the pool and began a new book, which i'm not crazy about either. i need some book suggestions, people!
while listening to oprah, i spent a couple of hours making these delicioso beef empanadas. raisins, olives, boiled egg, oh my! i made too much dough for the pastry, so i'll just freeze it for another use. spanish rice and grilled zucchini will accompany for dinner tonight.

3 comments:

hollie marie said...

ehhh...40 weeks and nothing? Tis not a good sign!

Sara said...

i know that pool!

Michelle said...

that belly picture is my favorite of all belly picture! so glad she is her now and i CAN NOT wait to meet her and hug you! loveyoumee.