Tuesday, June 09, 2009

on a dreamy summer night.


this was dinner tonight. i promise i do try to cook somewhat healthy most of the time and take care of my sweet husband whose cholesterol is not at a friendly level. but we've got only a specific amount of time on this earth to enjoy such greasy delights. am i right? how delish a beer would have tasted with this sucker. roasted potatoes on the side and cantaloupe for dessert. simple and sweet. like summer meals should be.

speaking of which. i'm sitting outside in our patio. it's dark outside and chris is inside for a conference call. my bestest furry pal in the whole wide world is at my feet and i feel like life couldn't get any better. jason mraz is playing, too. i do have an affection for his cheery tunes. i feel like grabbing my husband and bringing him outside here to dance with me, but i'm pretty sure his listeners would miss out on his wisdom as he speaks about terms i can't even begin to understand. he's a smarty. i just cook.

to think that next summer i'll have a lil chica to dance with out here. she'll be a special one, i'm sure of it.

what are your favorite summer memories? i'll think of one and get back to you. humor me and leave a comment. i know you people read my silly words. google analytics tells me so.

3 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

You make me hungry!

Daughters are amazing. So glad you are having one!

Christy said...

Oh my goodness that looks so amazing girl! YUMMY!

Michelle said...

one of my favorite summer memories (i know you know this one): the summer after sophomore year at AHS we would spend every evening at DRay's house swimming and watching movies. it was such a great summer (it was the summer i found jesus).

but one night we left and went to ON and bought matching shorts and changed in the parking lot...the details are fuzzy but the drive back to david's was with the windows down, the wind in our hair and (was it) john mayer streaming from the speakers! that was a fun summer.

i'm so thankful for such a great friend.