Sunday, May 10, 2009

Turning Twenty5

I had a great birthday weekend this year. Chris took off from work on Friday so we could spend the day together and that was the best gift I could receive. It started wonderfully with our perinatal doctor visit and a hearty breakfast at Kirby Lane. We also went to the Botanic Gardens, took Marlow to run and swim at Red Bud, went to dinner and saw a movie in the theater and just relaxed in the evening together.

Saturday (my birthday) was great, too. I got a massage in the morning, which was the best one to date, and found the massage therapist that I'm sticking with for life. I had a yummy kolache for breakfast and bought some new sandals. At home I spent some time doing finishing touches to the meal for the evening while Chris did some yard work. At 6pm yesterday, we met several of our friends at Zilker Park for a potluck picnic. It was great weather and so fun to just hang out with our 'Austin family.' Afterwards, we walked down the hill and set up blankets to watch a free play of 'Romeo and Juliet.'
with Rachel & Jaxson
Marlow & Reagan
(Everyone brought their dogs to the picnic, so there were about 8.)
my wonderful husband
the Gilkersons and Lambchop
Erica & Tom
About 20 people came and brought yummy sides to add to the pulled pork tacos and watermelon that we brought.
Logan
I made tres leches cupcakes with a dulce de leche frosting.
At the Botanic Gardens

0 comments: