Friday, May 29, 2009

TGIF

I love Fridays. Most often it means that I have a day off from work. And sometimes it means a day of work, catching up on everything I've neglected during the week. Work has been busy. I can't complain because it means that I'm getting paid (and I do love what I do), but it's hard to get myself out of bed in the mornings to stand on my feet all day long. I know a lot of you have the same thoughts yourselves, finding the motivation to get up when your pillow is still perfectly molded to fit your head and your sheets are beckoning and the quiet whisper of the fan overhead seems to want nothing more than for you to lay back down, close your eyes, and continue dreaming. Ah. But on the days you can do that, it almost makes the whole work week worth it. Almost.

I had a great nap today. 2 hours of blessed R.E.M. cuddling my warm, fuzzy dog. He loves me.

Other things I did today:

. Ordered our soon-to-be kitchen island. One of the pieces is on back order. They expect it to arrive mid-June. I'm pumped that we'll have additional seating near the kitchen where I can interact with guests instead of feeling stuck in the kitchen and just listening to conversation in the living room. Under the island will house the bigger pieces of china that we possess instead of their current locale at the top of our bedroom closet. Something about musty socks and dishes don't mix.

. Baked some banana-walnut muffins and threw in a few chocolate chips for chocolate's sake.

. Spun some mango sorbet. Them were good mangoes, too. Splash of lime juice and some simple syrup and you're in the game.

. Dropped off some money at the bank for their safe keeping.

. Baked and bombed. You'd think I know better than to use skim when baking. But I was lazy and didn't want to go to the store. Thus my endeavor of chocolate bread pudding is much less of a custardy dish than I had hoped. We'll be heading over to our friends' tonight and I think we'll pick up some ice cream on the way instead. Mmm. With fresh peaches. And a sprinkle of cinnamon. Done.

. My last ambition of the day will be the bathrooms. Chris's excuse is that since he doesn't wear his glasses in the shower, he can't see how dirty the tub is. Or the toilet. Or the sink. Hmm. So I'll have a late night date with some chemicals and a scrubby later on.

0 comments: