Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Dear Spring,

You’re a great season. In fact, you’re my favorite season of all. Something about the dogwood, red bud, and crape myrtle blossoms dotting my neighborhood, and the barely warm evening sun just makes me want to squeeze you with gratitude.

Great job with all the tulips. Excellent work with all the sweet peas. Don’t even get me started on the asparagus…. wow!

There’s just a few things I thought you might consider… just in the interest of being the best season ever, and kicking every other season right in the backside.

First, your color palette. Have you ever considered switching it up? All the pastels remind me of bad baby shower party games. Plus, you’re edgier than that, Spring. Show those other seasons what’s what. Have you considered a fresh neon palate? It might work wonders for your image.

Second, can you please work on making purple the new grey this season?

Lastly, every year when you come to town, I end up in the candy aisle at the grocery store buying giant bags of chocolate egg-shaped candies. After I’ve mistakenly made these chocolate goodies a meal, I’m forced the throw the remainder in the trash and pour dish soap on them, keeping myself from sleep-eating them in the middle of the night. While this may seem like more of a personal issue, your attention to this matter would still be much appreciated.

* What a cute letter. Written by Joy the Baker.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

how cute! i especially like the part about the dish soap and making purple the new grey.