Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Work Lately

Since working full-time for Taste and See Fine Dining, I've seen the ebb and flow already within the food business. January and February were great months, profitable, and very rewarding. I had a lot of fun cooking for my weekly clients and catering several showers and parties. So far March has been a slower month. I feel like it's in between seasons a bit. It's Spring Break time and families are leaving town. I've got lots booked for April and May, so I'm enjoying my down time this month. I've still got my weekly people, which is fun, and that keeps me being productive. I just booked a dinner party in two weekends, but other than that, I only have two other gigs for March.

All in all, I have really enjoyed working for myself. Business has come entirely through referrals and word of mouth marketing, which they say is the best kind. It is fun to meet new people, create unique menus for each occasion, and cook in different kitchens. I feel like I have the best job. Who knew that I'd love this so much and that God would bring me here, all the way from a mid-sized town in Indiana? I feel very fortunate.

0 comments: