Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break

Thus far it has been enjoyable. Since my weekly clients are on Spring Break, it gives me a break from cooking for them. I've really been motivated to get some things done off the checklist that keeps growing the longer we live in our house. I painted trim in the master bedroom yesterday, painted what will be baby's crib, and did some touch-up painting around the house. More touch-up painting will follow, and I'd like to get the changing table painted this week, too. If I'm really ambitious, I will paint trim in baby's room. Yes, lots of painting, but don't worry, I wear a ventilation mask.

We are also hosting a friend for a week that is visiting for SXSW, as well as dog-sitting for sweet Molly. We might not give her back. Marlow has enjoyed his napping buddy.


Tonight Chris and I are going out to dinner. A client has requested I make an entree similar to one at a local restaurant, so Taste and See Fine Dining is paying for dinner as I "research and develop." That is the category in which I place the receipt when I do my taxes. Afterward we will try to catch a few free shows at SXSW.

Other than all that, this week I've made strawberry sorbet and banana-blueberry muffins. I'm on a sorbet kick right now as dairy has been upsetting my stomach. Mango sorbet is next. Talk about being on a kick...I've been on a mango kick for about 2 years now. Can't get enough.

Watched a fun movie last night: Outsourced. Others I would highly recommend from recent viewings: Beautiful Country and The Visitor.

Oh yeah. And I also have a rockin' sun tan on my face as I spent a little too much time outside yesterday with my largo sunglasses. Gotta get one of those at least once a year.

0 comments: