Monday, February 02, 2009

Nap Regulation

I got up early today and went to the gym. We learned that spouses get a free membership at AMD's gym, so I'm definitely taking advantage of that. It is brand new and big and I saw only three other people there today. I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes and did the elliptical for 30 minutes. I attempted to do some kind of ab machine but almost injured myself, so I stopped. I picked up a flyer on the way out that has a contact number so I can get a complimentary fitness exam.

Afterwards, I went home, took a shower, and worked for a few hours this morning. Then I ran some errands and came home and went to bed. I feel useless, requiring a 2-3 hour nap everyday. I feel like I'm wasting the day away and like I haven't accomplished much.

Tonight my old boss is taking out Chris and I for dinner to La Traviatta. We rarely go out to eat, so this is really a treat for us. Although, I do have to say that I've discovered food doesn't taste nearly as good anymore without wine. It just brings every element of taste to a whole new level. I can do without it for 8 months though.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

you have no idea how excited i am for little baby b. i love you and i love chris for loving you! = )

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Naps are wonderful! It's nap time now here. Ahhhh. Bliss.


So freakin' excited for you. (And be prepared for wine to not taste as great as it did before. That was a side effect of my last pregnancy. It was very depressing.)