Monday, January 05, 2009

Time

1.5 years it took us to save up money from birthdays, Christmases, tips, etc. until we finally had enough to buy a video camera. Chris went out last night and bought it; Sony Handycam DCR-SR45. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it will be fun. A year ago, prices were much steeper. The benefits of waiting is that prices have come down a lot. So much so that we were able to purchase a big birthday gift for Chris's birthday coming up--an xBox 360. He's a happy boy. And we did it all with gift cards and cash! Thanks to everyone who contributed.

2.5 years we receieved free cable. The cable company never turned it off after we moved in. I very much enjoyed HGTV, Food Network, the Discovery Channel, FX, and HBO movies at the click of a button. Last week our phone company came to bury an exposed phone line outside. It seems they may have severed the TV cable. For obvious reasons, we can't call and complain. So sad.

8 hours I've been cleaning the house. While listening to the Zac Brown Band, I took down Christmas decorations, vacuumed, and have been packing everything nice and tight until I open them up again in 11 months. I ventured out this morning and hit up Target and Hobby Lobby, thinking I would score some major after Christmas deals. To my dismay, there was hardly anything left. However, I did buy a fake tree that we will use in the future. It was 80% off and a great deal! After spending a total of $140 on two year's worth of real trees, we've decided to go artificial and I think it will save us big bucks in the future.

0 comments: