Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Few Quirks

I am a bit obsessive when it comes to organization and cleanliness.

- In my closet, my clothes are hung according to their color and season--like at Goodwill. As of this year, I switched all of my hangers backwards to hang from the inside instead of the outside. When I wear an item, I switch the hanger to the 'correct' side of the rod to show what was worn. After so many months, the idea is to clear out what I haven't used.

- When at other peoples' houses and using their restroom, I ALWAYS dry my hands with the backside of the hand towel, not the front. I feel like it's cleaner and less germy.

- I'm a hand sanitizer junkie.

- I have an OCD behavior that I'm trying to fix. When driving or watching TV, I'll subconsciously see a word or number and begin writing it with my right forefinger over and over. Minutes or miles will pass and I'll notice it and remember that McDonald's sign or 800 number that caused me to start writing. Weird, I know.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

oh i love you and all your quirks!

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Quirky is never a bad thing. I do the hand towel thing too, except, most people I know around here (like myself) have a roll of paper towels!

And I should do that hanger trick. I bet it would work great for Paul who has way too many articles of clothing!