Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blah

That's how I'm feeling right now. Two more days of my job, which I'm ecstatic about. All in all, it has been a good experience and I felt extremely blessed to hop right out of culinary school and into a Sous Chef position. I learned a lot. Drove a lot. Washed lots of dishes. Met some interesting people. I was given lots of really great, expensive wine by rich hostesses, as they pitied me carrying loads of trays and such to my car after their parties. I would have settled for their help in carrying some things, but the wine was even better. I broke some crystal, dropped food, slipped, got cut, burned, and bruised...locked out of my car, brought great leftovers home, and went many days without seeing my husband at all. I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to work as a personal chef while I created my own company on the side. It really was the perfect job to accompany me through that life phase. But I'm ready to move on.

Besides work, we are pet-sitting for our friends' dog, Reagan. She is a Golden/Lab mix, about 5 years old, and A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. Marlow has really enjoyed having a friend to play with. I just wish the weather would have been better today. It was so dang foggy outside and the ground was too muddy to take them to the park. Reagan makes me want another dog. I'd definitely be in for getting one, probably a smaller pooch, if we had a bigger house/more yardage. Canines are fun creatures and wonderful friends to us humankind.

0 comments: