Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Week Away

Chris and I got to head out of town and stay an entire week at his parents' house. People always comment how strange it is that we take a whole week off, but we like to make Thanksgiving and Christmas our extended holidays with family, and since we split them between Texas and Indiana, it just makes sense to take a longer vacation for each. We feel blessed that we can do this and soak up lots of time with family and friends.

We slept A LOT! Apparently our bodies needed lots of rest and relaxation. I read a book and Chris played computer games all week. Marlow also loved all the extra affection and attention. I enjoyed walking most mornings and cooking for my in-laws, however, I did absolutely no cooking for Thanksgiving, which felt odd. But it was a much needed break from time on my feet and meal planning, which normally consumes my mind.

Last Sunday, my grandma passed away. She lived a full life, indeed, at 100 years old. It was her time to go and we all feel that it's a very good thing. She is now with Jesus, so there's no better place she could be. We were sad to miss the funeral in Missouri, but I feel like I said my good-bye a long time ago, when her mind was healthy and she knew who I was. I feel honored to have had her as my grandma.

The latest news I received tonight and it's the BEST news ever! My brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first baby! They are due at the end of June and I am going to be Aunt Carey! I am so happy for them and so thankful that God has answered many, many prayers. I cannot wait and my heart is filled to the brim tonight with joy for them.

2 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

OMG, YAY Andy and Amanda! I'm so excited for you getting to be an aunt. A little jealous too. I won't be an aunt for a long time!

I think taking long vacations is a good thing. We do it to. But then again, we live far away as well!

Jane Loomis said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. We hope that y'all had a wonderful/yummy Thanksgiving!