Sunday, September 07, 2008

Hor D' oeuVwhat?

Yesterday I catered a menu of appetizers for a friend's baby party. We also hosted it which made the "delivery" quite easy from oven to table.

Le Menu


Artichoke Pastry Bites
Bacon-wrapped Shrimp with Spicy Chili Sauce
Proscuitto-Melon Purses
Corn Fritters with Sweet 'n Spicy Salsa
Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Reduction
Zucchini Rolls with Local Goat Cheese
Roasted Garlic-White Bean Crostinis
+
Frangelico-Chocolate Pudding & Almond Biscotti (forgot to take pictures!)









To serve the desserts, I bought these mini glass mugs and appetizer spoons. I was pretty excited about them and think it'd be great to serve other sweet treats or soups or mousses in them. Someone last night said to me that I was the envy of all the other ladies who attended because I actually have a reason to buy extra fun serving-ware like these. I agree! Hehe.



Without trying to sound arrogant, I have to say that I am still surprised that I am in the line of work that I am. I can't believe sometimes the duties I take on and the selection and presentation of little tasties that come out of me. I studied Education, moved here, started culinary school and here's where God has brought me. I love what I do and get so excited to plan menus and execute my product.

The food went over well. 16 had RSVP'd, so I planned for 20 and 30 came. They wiped out every last piece, which I guess is a good sign. I had to reserve a chocolate pudding for myself in the fridge so I could be sure to try it because I didn't get a bite of anything else. I heard some really great compliments and hopefully will get several referrals from this event.

0 comments: