Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good Vino <$15

My goal for sometime now has been to compile a list of really fantastic wines under fifteen bucks. I've been working on it for the better part of this year and have a chunk of my research on a pad of paper that I want to share with my readers. (You'll notice I started with Spain's white grapes and traveled to fuller-bodied whites. I'm now onto uvas riojas.) Some are a bit more difficult to find than others. You won't find most at your local market, but if you have a wine merchant in your area, bets are they will have them or know a vendor who supplies them. Items with an (*) are among my top picks.

Light Whites
- *Bodegas Pedro Escudero Valdelainos Verdejo, 2007
- Marqués de Irun Verdejo, 2006
- *Torres Vina Esmeralda, 2006

Medium Whites
- Domaine Tselepos Moschofilero, 2006
- Garofoli Macrina Verdicchio, 2006
- Ladairo Godello, 2004
- La Vielle Ferme Blanc, 2007
- *Vega Sindoa Viura Chardonnay, 2007

Full Whites
- *Remy Pannier Vouvray, 2006

Rosés
- *Domaine de Fonsainte Gris de Gris, 2006
- El Coto de Rioja Rosado, 2007
- *Mas de la Dame Rose du Mas, 2007

Full Red
- Castano Monastrell, 2006

0 comments: