Thursday, April 03, 2008

It's Official

Taste and See Fine Dining now has its own checking account, domain space, and tax ID number. Business is slow lately, but I've been working a lot for the other biz and haven't had a ton of time, so that's fine by me. I have however been up to more baking recently. My neighbor placed a cake order, so Sunday I'll be working on the 60th birthday cake decorated with music motif. Should be fun to bust out my piping skills. That was a special talent I discovered in my P&B class in culinary school.

April is here as is lots of blooming. I forgot how much I missed green grass and humming birds and bluebonnets! Texas springs are really beautiful. Breezy, cool days, and more rain, which is always good. The Greenbelt is much more fun with water. Plus, rain means we don't have to water our lawn.

I may join a group of Turkish women tomorrow night for tea. There is an association in town for Turkish women. Our church has adopted Turkey as our "Samaria" and I want to fall in love with them. Sometimes certain people groups capture my heart and I can't help but love them. I hope that happens with the Turks. Perhaps then I will smirk. Or maybe I'll find a quirk. But then I'd be a jerk.

The laundry room status is: almost complete. The things left to do are put up the trim, paint it, and install the light. It is fully functional now, which is great, because my 8 loads of laundry really couldn't wait any longer. Eventually we will put up cabinetry and Elfa in the closet, but for now, I'm quite content with the cool tiled flooring and "toast" colored walls.

0 comments: