Thursday, February 28, 2008

Things We've Been Up To

~ Chris and I have been running 6 days a week.
~ I planted our garden; corn, zucchini, yellow squash, and carrots. My herbs survived the winter, so we've got enough left for me to use in my cooking. Also, my neighbor gave me a bunch of tulip bulbs. I planted those, too, and can't wait to see them come up. I love tulips.
~ Kitchen remodel. I took off all the cabinet doors and hardware, sanded them down, and today I put a coat of primer on. I might do another coat, then paint. I'm going with white. It will really brighten up our tiny kitchen space and hopefully give the impression that they are newer. After the doors are done, I'll start the sanding on the installed cabinets and continue from there. At that point I'll move all our kitchen stuff into the dining room.
~ Chris has really been enjoying his job lately. It felt like it was an overnight change where one day he woke up and realized he was content with his job, happy he was there, and excited to continue being an engineer. This is huge because never since I have known him has he wanted to do engineering. It was always a step toward something else, a way to pay off debt before seminary. But right now, he feels happy where he is. Praise God for that.
~ I reupholstered the dining room chair seats. It was a table and chairs set we bought for $70 a few months after we got married from Chris's mom's friend. It's done us well and we want to keep it around as long as we can, but it just needed better looking fabric.
~ Marlow is eating a shank bone right now. Tonight I made us Thai roasted (almost 3 hours!) lamb shanks with jasmine rice and steamed bok choy. It was tasty, but a lot of food. Chris will enjoy leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I gave the bone to him almost an hour ago! He's still working hard at it and I'm sure it will be devoured within the next hour. Good for his teeth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leftovers and bones! No wonder Chris has strong, good looking teeth! :)

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

You over achiever! I can understand the reupholstering, and the refinishing of the cabinets, but running too? You make me tired just reading that!