Monday, October 29, 2007

An Arizona Getaway

We were in Phoenix for the weekend. We took off work Friday and flew out early that morning and got back late last night. The purpose of the trip was to visit friends, Mark and Shannon Krenz, and TJ Fech. Mark was my Youth Pastor in middle school and high school. They were both very influential people in my life and especially had an impact on the way my faith was shaped growing up. They have been married over 8 years now and have two little girls. TJ and Chris have been friends for a long time, and I met TJ when I was at Purdue. We all went to Mexico together in 2004 for a mission trip and that bonded our friendship closer. He's engaged now and it's amazing to see the way God has changed his life for the better by moving to Tucson.

Both friends moved out there for the purpose of planting a church, individually. It was so interesting to see the stark contrasts of each philosophy of ministry and the way they are going about pursuing their callings. It was so helpful for Chris and I to see the major differences because it gave us a better understanding of what God might be calling us to next...whenever that is.

I got to cook for the Krenzes, which they enjoyed. They hadn't had an "adult meal" since the girls were born, so they pulled out the champagne glasses and table linens to celebrate.

Though short, the weekend was a great time for Chris and I to reconnect and get away from house projects and the never-ending "To Do" lists that haunt us when we're at home on the weekends. We got to catch up on sleep, have great conversations, be silly with each other, and laugh a lot. I love my husband.

We really missed our Marlow, but our awesome neighbors and friends took good care of him. What a blessing not having to board him!




0 comments: