Saturday, August 18, 2007

Making Time for Marriage

In the past 48 hours I have put in 30 hours of work. My boss has been out of town this week, so I've taken on normal weekly clients, plus I did two events, one yesterday, one today. Friday night's was a cooking lesson/demo for a group of 10-year old girls at Camp Little A on Lake LBJ. I taught them to make meatballs, a cream reduction sauce, pasta, steamed broccoli, a salad, and garlic bread. They were a fun bunch of girls. Oh to be 10 again. Last night's event was a 40th birthday party out in Cedar Park. I had been to that client's house before for a shower, and they asked me back to do a bunch of hor d' eouvres and some wine pairings. It was a late night, but fun.

Chris and I are back to our remodeling after a couple months break. We are currently working on the master bathroom. Today we're going to pick out tile for the wall and floor.

Making Time For Marriage:
We have made a few drastic changes to our lives lately due to our desire to really focus on our marriage. Things have been kind of hard for awhile, mostly because of stresses from work and being over-committed in a few areas. We've decided to act instead of react. We've been reminded that our covenant marriage is of the utmost importance and that it is really worth fighting for. We feel that God has really blessed those decisions and given us extra doses of unity lately. It's been good.

0 comments: