Thursday, May 31, 2007

Not Nice Glue

Now I've done some dumb things in my life, but today's event might top them all. I super-glued my hands--both of them. Here's the story: I was about to fix a pair of earrings that a stone had fallen out of (obviously fake). As I tried to squeeze the little bottle of super glue, nothing would come out, so I assumed it hadn't been opened yet. After realizing that it was open, I squeezed harder to break the dried up glue that was stuck in the opening. The glue gushed out and I tried to catch it all in my hands because I was doing this over our nice dresser--smart, I know. Luckily, the dresser is okay. My hands, however, are a bit raw. I tried soaking them in nail polish remover (has to have acetone in it) for about 15 minutes and that seemed to help, but not enough. In addition, I used my pumice stone to scrub my fingers and nails. This pryed them free from each other and I'm still working on making them look like normal, healthy hands now. This incident reminds me of a time in high school when me, Jenny, Stephanie, Michelle, and Susan all taped our fingers together for the day. Whoever could withstand it until the end of the day won. A couple of us had presentations to do, and I remember presenting a posterboard or PowerPoint with my fingers taped tightly together. Quite funny then and now. Super glue is not.

0 comments: