Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Guest Room Remains Full

Last weekend was a blur. I got off from work on Friday, stopped by the grocery, and when I got home I had about 30 minutes to speed around the house, picking things up before our company for the weekend arrived. It was Curtis's birthday on Friday, so we went to a steakhouse and ate dinner. The rest of the evening consisted of me prepping and cooking for Saturday night's meal, which would be his official birthday dinner. I even stayed up until 4am waiting on the créme bruleés in the oven! Such is my life. Many times I've stayed up to crazy hours of the night cooking away or going to the grocery for something last minute. But it's sort of fun. Saturday morning we went hiking on the Greenbelt again. The water was higher than I've seen it in the past, so Marlow had a good time swimming about. He's really learned to love the water.

It was a quick weekend, but we loved having our guests come. This weekend Susan will be here! Susan is one of my closest friends. We first met in kindergarten and we joke how we remember both liking New Kids on the Block. We reconnected in middle school and have been great friends ever since. She just graduated from IU in Fashion Apparel and Merchandising, and after her visit this weekend with us, she's off on her tour of a crazy amount of countries in just a few weeks around the world. She will be the first of my high school friends to come visit, so I'm looking forward to showing her our life in Texas.

Currently I am reading "Feminine Appeal" by Carolyn Mahaney...not to be mistaken with "Feminine Mystique." :) I'm only a few chapters in so far, but it's been really convicting me of thoughts and behaviors in wife hood. It's been saying things that I've needed to hear for awhile, so definitely a good thing. It reiterates the importance of mentoring and being mentored as a woman, and the entire book talks about the verse in scripture out of Titus 2:3-5. I'd recommend it.

0 comments: