Sunday, April 22, 2007

What a Weekend

Saturday some people from my community group came over and did yard work with me. It was so helpful and great to give our yard a bit of a facelift in a day. I now have a little garden containing 4 different kinds of tomatoes, 3 different kinds of peppers, sweet basil, lavendar thyme, and chives. I'm excited to see them grow and excited to use them in my cooking.

After the work day, Marlow and I went to a picnic with some friends downtown. He had a fun time hanging out with other doggies there.

The best part of the day was Chris's return. After 30+ hours of traveling and being gone for nearly a month, he finally returned safe and sound.

Yesterday morning we went hiking with Marlow and again, Marlow LOVED playing in the water. It's so fun to see him in pure puppy mode, playing, splashing, and running about. He's so fun.

Chris's friend from college, Kara, came to visit last night for a couple of hours. We went to church together and ate dinner afterwards. It was a short visit, but nice to hang out with a fellow Hoosier.

And today has been so relaxing. I had the day off, and Chris was able to just not go into work. Maybe part of it is the gloomy day, but it was been very peaceful and slow-going, a good change for us. We found a great little donut shop and ate there for breakfast while also competing in Take Two. Chris won. Then we came back and took our pup walking. He's a sucker for love, and just likes being around us. We've just been hanging around at home today. Chris is counting down to his deadline of staying awake until 10pm. He's still getting over his jet-lag.

1 comments:

jessiesavoie said...

Hey sweetie! It is so nice to see your face, you look beautiful by the way. It is so strange to see proof that we are all growing up. I will email you some pics of my 2 daughters, me, my amazing husband, and my cat Lou. I hope that you are as happy as I am (it sure looks and sounds like it) and I am looking forward to talking to you a lot more often. I love you! XOXO