Sunday, October 29, 2006

Festivus for the Rest of Us

Curtis and Catherine came to visit this weekend. We are so glad to have them as our friends. We always have such a good time together, and we never feel like we have to entertain them--they are easy guests! Saturday morning, Chris and I accidentally didn't wake up until 9am (which is really late for us), and we felt really bad because we were hosting company, but they were already up and were making breakfast for all of us! They live in Dallas, so we only get to see them every couple of months. They bought their first home around the same time as we did, so we've been sharing the journey of remodeling together.

Today we had our Fall Festival at church, so it has been a busy day. I have a couple of hours this afternoon before I head back tonight. I have finals to study for, homework, and cleaning to do...but what I'd really like is to just plop in front of the TV and veg out for the afternoon. I'm pretty tired.

Chris is training for a half marathon, so he's running this afternoon with his co-workers. He's been working a lot on the bathroom lately. In 2 weeks, his parents are coming in town to help install the shower and floor tile, so we're hoping to get to a certain point before they get here.

It's almost November and that's a good sign that the semester is coming to an end. I am declaring the year of 2007 as the year that my life will be simplified. I'd like to narrow down my two and a half jobs down to one, no school, and the least amount of responsibilities as possible. I'll be taking a break from Equipping classes at our church, babysitting, and extracurricular activities. I'd like to really focus on growing and deepening my walk with Christ. I have been just way too busy this year. I've learned my lesson.

0 comments: