Thursday, August 03, 2006

"Curious George"

This summer at the movie theater near our house, they have been offering a Free Family Movie Day every Wednesday morning at 10am. Yesterday I went and saw "Curious George" by myself, or rather with a theater packed-full of kiddos, most of them under the age of 5. They were constantly getting up to go potty or crying or throwing popcorn. Fun atmosphere. :) I also noticed that the volume wasn't as loud and they kept some of the lights on. But nonetheless, a free movie is always a bargain.

Yesterday I worked and had a lot of fun. I have no complaints about my job. My boss treats me well and as a result, I want to work hard and do a good job for her and the business. That's the way it should be. I just did prep stuff for some clients this week that will pick up food to freeze for the week. Also, I have an event next Thursday night on Lake Travis. One of our clients throws a summer camp every year at their lake house for his daughter (now Junior High age) and her little girlfriends. He hires UT students to teach arts and crafts and watch over them at the lake. We will be teaching them some cooking lessons and then serving them dinner. It will be fun. I think that's so sweet that the father does this every year for the girls. Cute idea.

After getting off of work, I headed home to change and grab something to eat. Luckily Chris had ordered pizza because I literally had 10 minutes before I had to head out the door to babysit. I watch about 10 kids each Wednesday night with another girl while the parents are at a Bible Study. We usually take them to a nearby park with snacks and drinks, and we often make walks back to the house for potty-breaks, band-aids, etc. I love seeing the kids and playing with them. They are a sweet bunch. I look forward to getting my kid fix every week.

Today Chris is home sick, so we are just being lazy around the apartment. If he goes into work after lunch, I think I'm going to clean and keep packing. Less than 2 weeks until we move!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carey -
Just wasting time at work and found your blog off of Kimmy's blog . . . and now I'm all nostalgic for my Indiana friends. I miss you guys!
Guess what - Ben and I got engaged!! He surprised me by showing up to propose while I was at a conference in Florida, Rob's going to marry us on Dec. 28th. Hurrah!
Have a good one!
- Kristi