Saturday, July 01, 2006

Off We Go!

Yes! It's finally Saturday and our vacation has begun. To recap on the week, I had my practical final on Friday..ended up making Saltimbocca of Sole with a Whole Grain Mustard Sauce with Capers, Haricot Verts in a Red Bell Pepper Ring, and a Twice Baked Potato with Lemon Supremes as the garnish. For my other plate, I made a Mahogany Duck Breast with a Hearty Chutney, Cheesey Cauliflower, and Red Quinoa. I took pictures, but I'll post later this week. I felt so good about my production and presentation and my chef instructors were impressed. I ended up making the highest grade in the class!

Thursday we went out on Lake Austin with Rex, our friend, who just bought a boat. We ate dinner on the water and wake boarded. It was so much fun.

Last night we hung out with Chris's new friend from work and his wife. We had dinner, drinks, and ice cream. They are nice people who have also been married for just a year.

Today we're heading off to celebrate the birthdays of two sweet, little girls that I've babysat for. They are having a pizza/pool party this afternoon. Madi will be four and I got her a kid-sized chef's hat and apron to wear when she plays with her little kitchen.

Then off to Canyon of the Eagles! Our little cabin is awaiting us for two nights. Tomorrow we have a kayaking trip reserved, then we'll hike and enjoy God's beautiful creation. Can't wait. I'm so thankful for time off from school and work. We'll be at the Bonsers' in Colleyville the rest of the week, so I'll post more later. Have a great day!

0 comments: