Sunday, March 05, 2006

Pray for His Back

On Saturday mornings, Chris plays Ultimate Frisbee with a local group of folks in Austin. Yesterday he called and said that he had hurt himself. This is scary news when just a year and a half ago he had surgery on his back for a herniated disc. It turns out that he did throw out his back and he's pretty immobile right now. Hopefully it's not too serious. All day I tried to convice him that we should just go get him checked out to make sure everything was okay, but he can be stubborn sometimes. :) But I think he's doing better, and Chris thinks that he may have just strained some muscles. You can pray for that if you think of him.

I worked again this morning at Hope in the City, which is a church downtown. I work there on Sunday mornings for two hours just doing childcare during their services. I only work two hours each Sunday, but I love the kids and it's a little extra income. Tonight at our church, I'm actually working in the children's ministry, too, so I'll get my fill of the little kiddos this weekend.

I don't have class tomorrow! My Chef Instructors will be having a seminar, so we don't have to go to school which is awesome. For one, I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn, and secondly, I convinced Chris to take off from work. I hope that he feels better tomorrow because we were planning on going to Enchanted Rock State Park a couple hours away for the day. We're planning on bringing a picnic and just hiking around. The weather has gotten so nice here and we always enjoy getting away from the city. But it may work out to where Chris's back isn't better, so in that case, it will still be good that he took off from work so that he can have an extra day to recover.

0 comments: