Thursday, March 23, 2006

5 Point Update

It's been awhile so here is the update:

1. I started my new job at the country club 2 weeks ago. I work in the kitchen about 25 hours per week doing everything from prep for banquets and receptions to making the orders for the restaurant upstairs. It's a lot of fun and it is definitely the kind of experience I need beforing applying for an externship in the Fall.

2. I am throwing a bridal shower for my sister-in-law, Miss Laura Bonser, in a week and I have been having fun creating the brunch menu and organizing the day that will be filled with games and other surprises! She is getting married June 17th and I am her Maid of Honor!

3. Chris's mom is coming in town this weekend so we are looking forward to her company. It's been since Christmas the last time we saw her. It will be good to catch up and show her around our home in Austin. Again, I look forward to cooking for company. So far the dinner menu for Saturday night is: Spaghetti all Carbonara, Artichokes Clamart, and Peach Cobbler.

4. Last night I cleaned out my closest for the umpteenth time since we've moved here. I keep finding clothes that I don't wear anymore and other items that I'd rather give away than have them take up space in our apartment. Every now and then I get on my cleaning rampage where I just need to reorganize and bag up things we don't use to give to Goodwill. I might be the polar opposite of a pack rat.

5. Last week was my Spring Break and I went with a group from my church to Biloxi, Mississippi to help with a disaster relief ministry, Samaritan's Purse. We were only there for 5 days, but we worked on a house by putting up insulation and drywall. In our free time we got to drive around the city and coast and see all the damage and debris still there. In some parts of the city, it looks like it all could have happened yesterday. Other parts are looking better. We stopped in New Orleans for a couple hours on our way back to Texas. I'd never seen the French Quarter before and it was really beautiful. It reminded me of walking on streets in Europe.

1 comments:

andy said...

after reading each paragraph, i said to myself "yup, that's my sister. that's so her."