Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Happy February

It's already here. Month number two. Last weekend was a lot of fun because my sister-in-law, Laura, and her fiance, came to visit us for a couple of days. It was a great, lazy weekend. We ate a lot of food, played some old-school Nintendo, watched a movie, and talked. It was good to get to know Josh, too. He's a quiet fellow.

In school, I'm onto my CS class and Intro to Culinary Arts. In CS, we spend three hours a day discussing things like how to save a file to a folder, choosing ClipArt, and other fun things. It's not challenging at all, so I usually catch up on email during that time. I'm learning a lot in my CA class though, even though we're not yet in the kitchen. Today I'm reading a chapter that differentiates between braising, broiling, poaching, steaming, simmering, boiling, grilling, BBQing, and griddling. Lots of new things I learn. This afternoon I'm actually trying to stay awake for my study time. I didn't get in a nap today (hard life, I know), so I'm a little sleepy. Last night was a late night because Chris and I hung out with people in our small group. We went to the Taste of Austin and filled our bellies with yummy foods from tons of restaurants. Afterwards, we went back to Jason and Jenny Ford's house to talk. It was a good time, but we got out pretty late, so I was tired this morning.

Tonight's dinner: Roasted Red Pepper Potato Soup, a romaine salad with feta, croutons, and cherry tomatos, and biscuits. Mmm.

Chao.

0 comments: