Sunday, November 20, 2005

My sister's engaged/To be a chef or not to be

Exciting news this weekend. My wonderful sister-in-law, Laura Bonser, got engaged! Her 3-year courtship with Josh Wilkerson has finally come to a new season. I am thrilled to share in her joy. Praise God for Godly men.

Culinary? On another note, for the last week, I've been praying about going to culinary school. In fact, I was accepted into the nation's #2 ranked culinary school. It's a huge decision because it's so drastically different than the road I've been on for 3 years now. I would be turning my back on everything I've invested in learning and starting something completely different. There's a lot to consider and I have to make a choice soon. If you read this, I'd appreciate your prayers. My ultimate prayer is simply that my life would be one that gives more glory to His name. I desire to live out His will, but pray for clarity that I would be able to discern what that is.

If you notice the timestamp, I am up at 6:30 in the morning blogging. I woke up awhile ago and couldn't go back to sleep. Part of it is the decision hanging over my head that I have to make about school, but most of it was pure excitement for Laura. I kept thinking about all the fun stuff ahead; wedding planning, pre-marital counseling, dress shopping, etc. You'd think I would have gotten my fill of all that, but I think it just peaked my interest for it. I am just so excited for her. I know how incredible it is to be in a Christ-centered marriage and I want that for all my friends, too. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

0 comments: